- Chelsea shocking defeat to Bradford City in the FA Cup fourth round couple of days ago has obviously brokenhearted the fans from Stamford Bridge. Another fact that seems to frustrate them even more, The Blues have conceded three or more goals to a team from a lower division in the FA Cup for the first time since 1-3 defeat to Oxford back in 1991. Additionally, it’s the first match Jose Mourinho has witnessed one of his teams concede four goals in a home game. The Portuguese mastermind will look to bounce back against Liverpool in the Capital One Cup semifinal.
- Speaking of breaking records, Lionel Messi is casually doing it week in week out. He holds another inspiring stats that is extremely difficult for other players to break. The Argentinian forward has scored more goals for Barcelona than the whole current Barcelona squad combined. A gem of a player of his generation!
- Arsenal’s mercurial winger, who has been facing some rough times due to injuries, scored his first goal in any competition since January 2014 in the recent FA Cup match. The talented midfielder will slowly yet surely shove away his medical issues and retain his old sublime form. Requires time to return to the dream team!
- Cambridge United boldly battled for a draw against Manchester United in the FA Cup fourth round. Their starting lineup against the Red Devils only earns approximately 4500 pounds per week, while Louis Van Gaal’s first eleven earns over two million pounds a week. Passion can easily supersede money!
- In the 1958 Turkish Super Cup final, Fenerbahce had to face off against Galatasary in Istanbul. The match ended in a draw plus it was in the evening and too dark to continue with extra times. The prime minister of Turkey decided to halve the cup. Today, one part of the cup is in Fenerbahce museum (on Asia continent) whereas the other part is in Galatasaray museum (Europe continent) in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel was the first goalkeeper to score in the Premier League.
- Nicklas Bendtner goal against Tottenham Hotspur at Emirates back in 2007 is the fastest goal scored by a substitute, 1.8 seconds.
- It quite fascinating to hear that Barcelona and Spanish center back, Gerard Pique made his debut for Manchester United as a striker. Louis Van could consider signing him back as he loves rotating around the squad.
- The Reds Devils have gone 25 Premier League matches without being awarded a penalty kick. Cristiano Ronaldo might be wondering he made the right choice leaving Old Trafford.
- Italian star, Daniele De Rossi has a “beware of being tackled” tattoo on his right leg.
- Real Madrid world class winger, Cristiano Ronaldo is the first player from Real Madrid to win Ballon d’Or in two consecutive years. For the mesmerizing form he is in now, three is within the grabs. Conversely, no player from Chelsea has even won the prestigious award.
Belgium Desperate for a Win, Ronaldo Seeks Redemption in Matchday 9 of Euros
June 10th: The Messi Conundrum and A Must-Win for Chile at Copa America Centenario
These picks cover the matches for June 21, using a 4-4-2 formation and salary cap of $90,000 as part...
Brazilians Set to Dominate Second Matchday of Group B for Fan XT’s DFS.